BROWN SKIN

                 



BROWN SKIN


His brown skin touched mine
So warm soft and tender
His lips as sweet as the vanilla shoot
As soft as marshmallows 
His eye looked at me like I was heaven sent
And his words floated above me like a halo
Sweet tremendous  words that  sparked
The wildfire that was the love I had for  him

His cocoa butter skin kept me warm at all times
Silky like the Egyptian cotton of the great Pharaohs
His reign over me like the great warriors of Africa
His fragile figure that was ever so strong carried me
Over the seven seas and mountain lions that sought
To keep us apart 
And when the sound of war came for him to go
It was like the gods took a part of me 
Into the land of deep darkness
Lost, confused,  in  need of compassion 
Tears filled my days and nights till he came

His dark chocolate skin that came forth
From me gave me immeasurable joy
His skin was soft  like velvet 
His tiny hands that held me my finger
His mouth that said mother and cried 
For my presence every now and then
That sucked the milk from my bosom.
His smile was the light that lit up my life
He was my sun, moon, and stars 
A replica of my first love



the lovepoet

p.s  listen to Efya's Obianuju cover while reading. link here
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRphM4jshUg

No comments:

Post a Comment