HER

Related image



I drench myself in perfumes
Hide behind this mask of makeup
Cover myself with these tight clothes
And wear these shoes to make me her
That I will never be                             

Pretty hurts
As I pop this pimple
Tweeze these hairs
Add to these nails
Put on these lashes
Wear this weave

To please the eye
To be called beauty                                                           
To represent beauty

But I’m tired of been pretty
I’m tired of trying to be beautiful
I’m weary of the pain that comes with pretty
Most of all I’m tired of hiding
Who I am behind her
I’m tired of trying to get hips
Wearing push up bras for
 fuller and bigger breast
I do not want to wear these tight
Heels that hurt and leave blisters
I constantly fight
With myself  and who
I am meant to be
I wonder if I am pretty enough
Skinny enough
If I talk right, look right, walk right
To be like her

I don't want to be her
I want to be me
And I want you to love
Me for me

                                           the lovepoet
                                         from the heart



p.s  HER is society's definition of a perfect, beautiful woman.


No comments:

Post a Comment